For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Easy Rib Roast with Herb Crust
Rate this Recipe
This juicy roast takes very little effort to prepare.
|2 teaspoons prepared horseradish|
|2 tablespoons sour cream|
|Coarse salt, to taste|
|Freshly ground black pepper, to taste|
|1 cup fresh breadcrumbs|
|1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as thyme, rosemary and sage|
|2 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|2 teaspoons vegetable oil|
|1 boneless rib-eye roast, 2 1/2lb.|
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Mix together horseradish and sour cream in a small bowl and then season with salt and black pepper.
- In another bowl, mix together breadcrumbs, herbs, garlic and olive oil and then season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season roast with salt and black pepper; place roast in skillet and sear until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Transfer roast to a cutting board; spread horseradish mixture onto one side of roast and then top roast with breadcrumb mixture, pressing to make it stick. Return roast to skillet. Place skillet in oven and cook roast for about 45 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center reads 140 degrees F (medium-rare).
- Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
See Other Recipes Like This
The Tastiest Dishes for the Best Championship Games
Grab your brackets, invite your buddies, and don't forget the snacks! College Basketball's shining moment is finally here and we have a spread fit for the Big Dance, with sliders, quesadillas, and the ultimate dips! View Recipes >
Slow Cooked, Savory Dishes For A Relaxing Day
There's nothing quite like hot food on a cold day. Everything that's delicious collected one one place. Hearty, rich and flavorful, that's what makes comfort food the best. View Recipes >