For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Holiday Strawberry Sandwich Cookies
Rate this Recipe
Fruit centered cookies that are incredibly tasty!
|6 tablespoons strawberry jam|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|3/4 cup butter, (softened)|
|2 1/2 cups flour|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 cup sugar|
|1/4 cup decorating sugar, (colored sugar)|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|Cookie cutters, (holiday shapes preferably)|
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease cookie sheets.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar and butter until fluffy. Once fluffy, add in vanilla extract and eggs. Mix ingredients together well.
- Sift together salt, flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture.
- Pour flour onto a flat surface. Cut cookie dough in half. Roll out 1/2 of the dough to 1/8 inch thick. Use cookie cutter to create shaped cookies. Separate half of the cookies and use smaller cookie cutter to remove center. (i.e. use a small star to remove center of half the cookies) Sprinkle colored sugar over the cookies.
- Arrange cookies on cookie sheets, apart an inch apart. Bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Remove cookies from oven, let cookies completely cool before spreading jam on the cookie halves with center intact. Place cookies without center atop cookies with jam.