For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Diabetic-Friendly Apple Pie
Rate this Recipe
Serves 1 pie
So simple, so sweet and so easy to make!
|1 can unsweetened apple juice concentrate, (thawed)|
|2 pre-made pie shells|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|6 cups sliced Fuji apples|
|3 tablespoons cornstarch|
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Combine 1/3 cup apple juice concentrate, cinnamon and cornstarch in a mixing bowl.
- Pour remaining apple juice concentrate in a saucepan. Add apples and simmer for 10 minutes. Once apples are tender, add cornstarch mixture. Continue to simmer and stir until thickened.
- Place 1 pie shell in pie pan. Press in gently.
- Spoon apple mixture into pie shell. Cover with second pie shell, flute edges and cut vents into top.
- Place pie in oven, bake for 45 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Tired of burgers and steaks? Fire up the grill for these delicious recipes! View Recipes >
Enjoy the chilly treat while the temperatures rise!
Does it get any better than enjoying this frozen treat during the hot summer days? It does if you make it yourself! View Recipes >
The perfect recipes for the school year!
When it comes to the school year, you usually have less time to make breakfast, lunch and dinner. Try these tasty recipes, they're easy, quick and delicious! View Recipes >