For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chasens Famous Chili
Rate this Recipe
World famous and absolutely delicious!
|1 lb pork shoulder, (chopped, 1/2-inch chunks)|
|3 cups chopped onions|
|1/3 cup chili powder|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
|1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin|
|1/2 cup chopped parsley|
|1 can diced tomatoes, (with juice)|
|2 cloves garlic, (crushed)|
|2 lb beef chuck, (chopped, 1/2-inch chunks))|
|1/2 lb dry pinto beans, (rinsed and cleaned)|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon salt|
|1 green bell pepper, (chopped)|
|1 stick butter|
- Pour pinto beans into Dutch oven. Fill with enough water to cover beans. Cover and bring to boil, then cook for 2 minutes. Remove Dutch oven from heat and let stand for 1 hour. After 1 hour, drain water.
- Rinse beans, then return to Dutch oven. Fill with enough water to cover beans. Place lid on top and bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer and cook for 1 hour. Add tomatoes with juice to beans. Let simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Pour vegetable oil into a skillet. Bring to medium-high heat and add bell pepper. Saute for 5 minutes. Then add onions. Stir together and cook until onions are tender. Add parsley and garlic to skillet. Stir together. Pour bean mixture into skillet. Stir together. Transfer mixture to Dutch oven and let sit.
- In same skillet, add butter and melt. Once butter is melted, add beef and pork. Saute mixture until meats are browned. Drain liquid.
- Add bean mixture to meat in skillet and stir together. Season with salt, pepper, cumin and chili powder.
- Bring skillet to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer and cover. Cook for 1 hour. After an hour, remove cover and cook additional 30 minutes.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >