For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Chicken Parmesan in a Skillet
Rate this Recipe
A quick and delicious skillet dinner.
|4 chicken breasts|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|1 jar marinara sauce, 24 oz.|
|1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese|
|3/4 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese|
|16 oz linguine pasta|
|Salt, to taste|
|Pepper, to taste|
- Fill a large pot with 4-6 quarts of water. Bring water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook for about 12 minutes for al dente. Pour pasta into strainer and drain water. Return pasta to pot, cover and set aside.
- In a large skillet, drizzle with olive oil, bring to medium-high heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Add chicken to skillet, cook for 2-3 minutes per side until browned. Set chicken aside on a plate.
- Remove skillet from heat for 1- 2 minutes to allow to cool. Reduce temperature to medium-low. Once skillet has cooled, add marinara sauce, Parmesan cheese, and basil. Stir to combine. Place chicken breasts into sauce mixture; cover skillet, and simmer for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to broil.
- Transfer chicken along with sauce to a baking dish. Cover with mozzarella cheese, and broil 3-4 minutes until golden and bubbly. Remove baking dish from oven.
- Spoon penne pasta onto serving plates. Top pasta with sauce and chicken.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >