For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spiced Apple Muffins
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this irresistible Fall treat.
|2 apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped|
|1 cup flour|
|1 cup whole wheat flour|
|1/4 cup dark brown sugar, plus 6 tablespoons for topping|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 cup plain yogurt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 cup chopped walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 12 muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Add egg to sugar mix and mix well.
- Beat in yogurt and mix until batter is grainy.
- Add whole wheat flour, flour, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Add apples and walnuts, stir together.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan from oven, transfer muffins to cooling rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Simple Recipes for Fantastic Meals
Delicious meals for the cold weather. They're hearty enough to keep you going, and will satisfy even the hungriest appetite. Whether you're craving beef, pork or chicken, we have you covered. Try a few of these recipes and add them to your collection. Making a wholesome filling meal doesn't have to be hard. View Recipes >
Fantastic Baking Ideas for the Holidays
Looking to bake something other than plain sugar cookies for the holidays? Check out these fantastic baking ideas! View Recipes >