For the Love of Cooking|
Recipes and Resources for Making Great Food
May We Recommend
+ Add to Shopping List
Spiced Apple Muffins
Rate this Recipe
Enjoy this irresistible Fall treat.
|2 apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped|
|1 cup flour|
|1 cup whole wheat flour|
|1/4 cup dark brown sugar, plus 6 tablespoons for topping|
|1/2 cup sugar|
|8 tablespoons unsalted butter|
|1 cup plain yogurt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg|
|1/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cloves|
|1 tablespoon ground cinnamon|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1/4 cup chopped walnuts|
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 12 muffin pan with cooking spray.
- Combine brown sugar, sugar and butter in a mixing bowl. Mix with a hand mixer.
- Add egg to sugar mix and mix well.
- Beat in yogurt and mix until batter is grainy.
- Add whole wheat flour, flour, nutmeg, cloves, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Mix until combined.
- Add apples and walnuts, stir together.
- Spoon equal amounts of batter into each muffin cup. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Place into oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove muffin pan from oven, transfer muffins to cooling rack and allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
See Other Recipes Like This
Healthy Recipes for a Healthy Life
Enjoy these easy recipes any time. Whether you're preparing a meal or a quick snack, you'll find the perfect dish. View Recipes >
Warm up with delicious soup!
It doesn't get much better than sitting down with a big bowl of homemade soup as the temperatures drop outside. View Recipes >
Easy and Flavorful Family Dinners
Putting a nutritious dinner on the table should be a struggle. Follow these simple recipes and watch your family's faces light up with delight. View Recipes >
Easy and delicious recipes for the big game!
Whip up classic favorites like a hearty chili, baked potato skins and Philly steaks. All your favorite dishes in one place! Don't sweat it on game day, we've got great starters and snacks to make it to the end. Perfect for feeding the whole team. Just be prepared to make seconds, these are the true crowd pleasers! View Recipes >